Bakery-style soft-baked and chewy gluten free chocolate chip weed cookies, infused with THC or CBD. These homemade gluten free edibles are one tasty way to get high!
While gluten free cannabis cookies are not nearly as iconic as cannabis brownies, they are delicious and should not be overlooked!
The herby cannabis flavor comes through this cookie gently. It isn't overpowering, and adds a great flavor.
The vanilla extract blends with the cannabutter to make a great floral flavor, that is accented by the chocolate chips studding your gluten free weed chocolate chip cookies
How do you infuse gluten free chocolate chip cookies with cannabis?
There are a few different ways to infuse your gluten free chocolate chip cookies with THC or CBD. You can read my how-to bake with cannabis post to read all of the ins and outs of infusing cookies and other gluten free recipes with weed.
For this recipe, we chose to use a cannabis-infused coconut oil. Coconut oil works really well for making infused oil, helping you to extract more of the THC in your plant matter. You could also use a cannabis infused butter, if you prefer.
If you are using a homemade cannabis coconut oil, you may want to use a THC calculator to help estimate how much THC will be in your homemade edibles.
We used a coconut oil that had been infused to contain ~54 mg of THC per ¼ cup, and this recipe made 7 THC infused chocolate chip cookies, so each cokie contained about 7-8 mg of THC.
If you don't have marijuana coconut oil, and want to use a THC or CBD distillate instead, it will work great if your distillate is oil-soluble. Mix/melt your distillate into coconut oil or melted butter.
A water soluble distillate may be more difficult to use in this recipe, since there isn't a substantial amount of liquid in this recipe. If you want to use a water-soluble distillate, I'd try dissolving it in the vanilla extract.
You could also use an alcohol-based cannabis tincture, adding it with the vanilla extract.
With any cannabis-infused recipe, it is very important to mix your batter thoroughly, and measure your ingredients and serving sizes carefully so you have better control of the THC dosage. Please try eating one serving and then wait an hour or two to see how it affects you before eating more.
How to make gluten free chocolate chip marijuana cookies:
First, preheat your oven, prepare your cookie sheets, and measure your ingredients. Measuring your ingredients when baking any gluten free recipe is important, but that accuracy is even more essential when baking gluten free marijuana cookies.
To make gluten free pot cookies, you'll need:
- cannabis-infused coconut oil or cannabutter
- white sugar
- brown sugar
- egg YOLK only
- baking soda
- vanilla extract (it really helps enhance the herby cannabis flavors from your coconut oil)
- xanthan gum ONLY IF you are using a gluten free flour blend that doesn't have any xanthan gum in it. Most cup for cup gluten free flour blends already have xanthan gum, so you don't need any more)
- gluten free flour (we tested Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 flour)
- chocolate chips or chunks
Can I make these cookies dairy free or vegan?
If you prepare this recipe with canna-coconut oil and use vegan/dairy free chocolate chips, your cannabis cookie will be dairy free and gluten free.
How do you mix marijuana chocolate chip cookie dough?
We used soft cannabis infused coconut oil to make these cookies. Carefully pack your coconut oil into a measuring cup, ensuring that there are no air pockets, and then scoop into your measuring bowl.
Add the sugar, and mix until combined.
Then add the egg yolk only, and mix until combined. Using just the egg yolk makes the cookies chewier. If you need to make your weed cookies egg free, use egg substitute equal to half an egg. Bob's Red Mill egg replacer is our favorite.
Add the salt, baking soda, xanthan gum (if your gluten free flour doesn't already have it) and vanilla extract and mix to combine. Adding these ingredients before the gluten free flour helps to make sure they are evenly combined.
Finally add the flour, mix until combined, and then add the chocolate chips. You can use your favorite chopped chocolate bar, or chocolate chips.
We used a mix of mini and regular-sized chocolate chips.
Using a measured cookie scoop is essential to making sure that all of your cookies have the same amount of THC. We use a 1 ½ tablespoon spring-loaded scoop, also called a medium cookie scoop. Place your cookies at least 3 inches apart on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. We usually do 5-6 cookies per sheet, so they have plenty of space to spread.
Don't over-bake your cookies! They will only need 8-10 minutes in the oven. We recommend taking them out well before they "look" done. They may be golden around the edges, and they will have lost their doughy sheen on the top. They will not be set, but will set as they cool.
How do gluten free weed cookies taste?
The only flavors battle with the terpenes in your cannabis coconut oil, is vanilla and chocolate chips.
Because the chocolate chips are studded the batter, instead of being melted into it, they don't cover up the terps too much.
The vanilla doesn't mask the herby marijuana flavors either, but instead the flavors swirl together in a graceful dance. You can taste the terpenes, but they aren't unpleasant in these gluten free edibles.
If you want a weed cookie with less of a cannabis taste, you might like our gluten free double chocolate weed cookies. The terpenes are hidden under the rich cocoa in the cookie dough.
How to store gluten free chocolate chip THC cookies?
Your chocolate chip gluten free weed cookies will stay fresh in an airtight container and room temperature for about a week. If you want to keep them around for longer, we recommend storing them in the freezer.
Before enjoying your frozen chocolate chip THC cookies, let them come to room temperature, or briefly warm in a toaster oven or pop them in your microwave for a few seconds. This will bring them back to their former, fresh from the oven glory! Just add a cup of milk.
- ¼ cup cannabis infused coconut oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup gluten free flour
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°f and line your baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix your infused coconut oil or cannabutter with the white and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the egg yolk ONLY (save your white for another use or toss it) and mix until well combined. It is important you mix your batter very well at this point to make sure that the THC and/or CBD in your cookies is evenly distributed.
- Add the salt, baking soda, vanilla extract, and xanthan gum (if your gluten free flour doesn't have it). Mix until well combined.
- Add your gluten free flour, and mix to combine. I tested this recipe with Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour. If you use a different flour, you may need a little more flour.
- Add your chocolate chips and stir until they are evenly distributed.
- Scoop your gluten free weed cookie dough using a 1 1/02 tablespoon spring loaded cookie scoop and place the cookies 3-.4 inches apart on your prepared cookie sheet so they have plenty of space to spread.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until they are barely golden on the edges, and the top of the cookies lose their dough sheen. They won't be set yet, but will set as they cool.
- Let sit on the baking sheets for 5-10 and then remove to a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week, and in the freezer in an airtight container or ziploc bag for up to 3 months. Thaw frozen cookies before eating, or heat in the microwave briefly.
- Best enjoyed warm, with milk.
With any cannabis infused recipe, it is very important to mix your batter thoroughly, and measure your serving sizes carefully so you have better control of dosage. We used a coconut oil that had been infused to contain ~54 mg of THC per ¼ cup, and this recipe made 7 THC infused chocolate chip cookies, so each cokie contained about 7-8 mg of THC.
Please try eating one cookie, waiting an hour or two, and then eating more of a cookie if you want more of a high.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 7 Serving Size: 1 weed cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 221Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 24gProtein: 2g