Easy, One-bowl gluten free weed banana bread made with coconut oil is naturally dairy free, and easy to make egg-free and vegan!
Making weed infused banana bread doesn’t get easier than this! You only need one bowl.
How to infuse quick breads with THC or CBD?
You can easily infuse your gluten free banana bread with cannabis by using either a cannabutter/cannabis coconut oil or a distillate. You can learn more about how to infuse recipes with cannabis to help you pick which way is best for you.
We used a homemade cannabis coconut oil for this recipe. We used 1/3 cup of oil, that by our calculations had about 70 mg of THC. Since this recipe makes 10-12 slices of banana bread, each slice had 6-7 mg of THC in it.
Use a THC Calculator to figure out about how much THC will be in each slice of banana bread.
If you prefer, you could easily add a water soluble distillate to the mashed bananas.
If you are using an oil-based cannabis concentrate, you can add or melt it with the oil in the recipe.
You can also add CBD distillate or concentrated CBD oil to your gluten free banana bread batter. You can use CBD oil instead of part of the coconut oil called for in the recipe, and use plain coconut oil instead of cannaoil.
How to make banana bread with weed?
This is an easy, mix, pour, and bake banana bread recipe. That means less dishes! It gets all the moisture it needs from 3 ripe mashed bananas, and plenty of terpene-filled cannabis coconut oil.
Together, the mashed banana and oil, create a moist weed banana bread with a tight crumb.
To make your gluten free canna-banana bread, you’ll need:
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed up (you can do this right in the bowl!)
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- cannabis-infused coconut oil or cannabutter (or you can use coconut oil or another cooking oil and add a THC or CBD Distillate to your recipe)
- room-temperature eggs, or egg substitute to make vegan (if your eggs aren’t room temperature, they’ll solidify your cannabis coconut oil and it won’t distribute evenly.)
- vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- baking soda & baking powder
- gluten free flour (we tested Bob’s Red Mill’s 1 to 1 gluten free flour)
- xanthan gum (if your gluten free flour doesn’t have it. Bob’s 1 to 1 has xanthan gum, so you can omit)
Mix up your canna-banana bread!
Mash your bananas up right in your mixing bowl and add the brown sugar, white sugar, cannabutter or coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla.
If your eggs are still a little cold, place the whole eggs (in shell) in a cup or bowl of hot tap water and let stand for ten minutes.
Mix until very well combined (this is really important so your friends don’t get higher than you.)
Add the salt, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and gluten free flour.
Depending on your gluten free flour, you may need a little bit more or less. You should have a thick-but-still spoonable canna-banana bread batter. We tested this recipe with Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gluten free flour.
If you are using a gluten free all purpose flour blend that doesn’t have xanthan gum, you’ll need to add some to simulate the structure that gluten normally adds to bread. Bob’s already has xanthan gum, so there is no need to add any.
Make a parchment paper “sling” to make it easier to take your weed banana bread out of the pan, so you can cut a slice to enjoy while it is still warm.
Grab your 9×4 inch loaf pan. The narrower loaf pan (standard loaf pans are 9×5) helps your gluten free bread to rise, and gives it a structure to climb up. This is really important for gluten free breads!
Cut a piece of parchment paper that is equal to the length of the pan, press it gently into the bottom, and let the paper hang over the edge of the pan.
Lightly grease the loaf pan and parchment paper with some cookie spray or gluten free baking spray.
Pour your gluten free cannabis banana bread batter into your loaf pan and smooth the batter on the top.
Bake in a preheated 350°f oven until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. It will take about an hour to bake.
Let your baked gluten free “baked” banana bread cool for at least 10 minutes before trying to remove it. Loosen your loaf by running a butter knife around the edge of the pan, and then gently lift it out using the parchment paper sling.
How does weed banana bread taste?
The terpene (cannabis aromas/flavors) are surprisingly subtle in this recipe. If you want it a little stronger, top your still-warm marijuana banana bread with a little smear of cannabutter or cannabis coconut oil.
The cinnamon and banana bread mask a lot of the stronger marijuana flavors, and just a few herby notes come through to dance with the spices.
The flavor of your canna-banana bread does depend on the strains ou use to make your cannabis coconut oil, so keep that in mind when you make your cannaoil.
Are you ready to get baked?
Nothing beats a warm slice of banana bread, and it is even better when it gets you high.
Each loaf of canna-banana bread will make 10-12 slices. The amount of CBD or THC will depend on the strength of the cannabutter or cannaoil you used.
The 1/3 cup of coconut canna oil we used had about 70 mg of THC so each slice of bread had 6-7 mg in it. We spread a little extra cannabutter on a few slices, just to make things more fun.
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 3 bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup cannabis infused coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if you use a blend that already has xanthan gum)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups gluten free flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9x4 loaf pan and line with parchment paper to create a sling so you can easily remove your banana bread when it finishes baking.
- Mix together the mashed banana, brown sugar, white sugar,cannabis coconut oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add the baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and xanthan gum and mix until evenly combined.
- Add the gluten free flour and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until the bread springs back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out mostly clean. (If you use a wider 9x5 loaf pan it will bake for 45-55 minutes.)
- Let cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
Use room temperature eggs. If you eggs are cold, they will solidify the cannabis-coconut oil and it won't blend evenly in your banana bread batter. If you forget to pull your eggs out of the fridge an hour before you start, place your eggs (whole, in shell) in a cup or bowl filled with hot tap water. Let sit for 5-10 minutes to warm the eggs before using.
Please spoon your flour into you measuring cup, and then level it off. If you scoop directly with the measuring cup you'll get too much flour and your gluten free banana bread will be dry.
If you prefer, you can use cannabutter instead of the cannabis-infused coconut oil. You can also use a THC distillate to infuse this banana bread, if you prefer.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 slice of gluten free canna-banana bread
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 216mg Carbohydrates: 33g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 15g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g